What The Honey Hunt involves…
Your tour guide will collect you from your chosen location and we’ll head into the Larnaca villages where we’ll start the day by visiting a donkey park. Here we’ll find out all about the indigenous Cypriot donkey species and try delicious products made from donkey milk – such as chocolate and liquor! This will be followed with a trip to Lefkara village which is famous for it’s picturesque atmosphere and traditional lace. Here we’ll enjoy a walk around the village and visit a small family-owned sweets factory making Cyprus delights.
After our scenic village food tour you’ll be taken to a rustic retreat specialising in bee-keeping where we’ll enjoy a lavish picnic lunch surrounded by flowers and the Cypriot countryside. After this we’ll be given an introduction to the activities and an informative lecture filled with useful insight into bees and their products plus a tour at the site’s high-tech laboratory. A tasting will follow where you’ll sample many different types of honey and other forms of hive produce such as bee pollen. Wearing a special protective suit, you’ll then visit the apiaries and inspect the bee hives where all the sweet magic happens! Finally, you’ll be able to man the cooking station and learn how to make a traditional pastry enhanced with honey and end the day with something extra sweet!
Here’s the Honey Hunt Experience in a nutshell…
- Pick-up and drop-off available from Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia, Ayia Napa & Protaras
- Visit to a rustic retreat dedicated to beekeeping and honey production
- Learn about bees, honey, hives and their tasty produce
- Full day of fun sampling a variety of honey and bee products
- Wear professional beekeeper gear and meet the bees up close
- Take part in a cooking session and learn to make a traditional Cypriot dessert
- Opportunity to purchase high quality honey and bee products at discounted prices
- Enjoy a lavish picnic lunch in a scenic location
- Visit two further traditional product spots
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide
- Learn about Cypriot cuisine, culture and history
- Photo memories taken by your guide and sent to you by email
- Leave us with extensive lists of further foods and places to try
- Take home a certificate of your participation and info from the day
- No hidden costs – All inclusive price of €150.00 per person*
- Children under 13yrs old join with 50% discount
- Support a local small business and help keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
This is an alternative way of enjoying the Cypriot countryside away from commercial tourist spots. You’ll be in the company of locals who are passionate about traditional produce, the true ambassadors of our island’s culture!
* This tour is currently only available by request for groups of 2+. Depending on the number in your group – a private tour surcharge may apply.
DATE OF YOUR CHOICE – PRIVATE BOOKINGS
(SURCHARGE MAY APPLY)