What this activity involves…
On this tour you’ll be driven into the Troodos mountain villages to learn all about the Cypurs Commandaria wine which was made famous by Richard the Lionheart and his fellow crusaders. This wine is in the Guinness World Book Of Records for having the oldest ‘Appelation d’origine’ and for being the oldest manufactured wine in the world. Learn all about the 5500 year old wine history of the island with a visit to a family-owned, boutique winery where we’ll enjoy a tour of the premises and tasting of their wines. After sampling and purchasing our Commandaria which we’ll use for our chocolate making activity we’ll head back into town stopping along the way for a lavish picnic in the scenic mountain surroundings. After lunch you’ll be taken to a boutique chocolatier where we’ll take part in a chocolate making workshop to create delicious Commandaria truffles and experience the fantastic combination of this sweet wine with cocoa.
Here’s the Commandaria Crusade in a nutshell…
- Pick-up and drop-off from a Paphos or Limassol location of your choice
- Learn all about the Cypriot indigenous grape varieties and the history of Commandaria
- Includes tour and wine tasting at an award-winning family winery
- Delicious picnic lunch surrounded by mountain scenery
- Chocolate-making workshop – learn to make delicious truffles
- Full day of wine & chocolate fun – take home the chocolates you make
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide
- Opportunity to buy wine & high quality chocolates at great prices
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email
- Leave us with extensive lists of further foods and places to try
- Adjustable and suitable for vegetarians, vegans & gluten-free participants
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €110.00pp*
- Children under 13yrs old join with 50% discount
- Support a local small business and help keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
* This tour is currently only available by request for groups of 2+. Depending on the number in your group – a private tour surcharge may apply.