What the Troodos Village Venture tour involves…
On this day tour you’ll be picked up from a location of your choice and driven around a variety of carefully selected villages to visit traditional product workshops and taste a variety of Cypriot delicacies. You’ll learn about the sourcing of ingredients, the making process and the traditions linked to the products. Part of our touring will be a visit to traditional village (e.g. Lefkara / Omodos / Kakopetria / Letymvou*) where you’ll have time to explore the craft shops and see the sites. Along the way we’ll stop at a local village tavern to feast on a selection of Cypriot dishes with a full meze lunch.
We keep our tours authentic by visiting true locals and because these local villagers are busy with every day life – we cannot guarantee which stops we’ll be including… However, here’s an example list of products which are likely to be included – Halloumi Cheese, Honey, Olive Oil, Village Breads, Traditional Sweets, Wine etc. We guarantee a great day out and you can be sure that you’ll visit 5 fantastic places within the Troodos mountain villages and experience a foodie day tour like no other!
* The village you will visit for exploring will depend on your pickup location. If you have a special request then please contact us to find our if we can accommodate you.
Any applicable entrance fees, tasting fees, door-to-door transport, full meze lunch & drinks are all included in the tour price.
Here’s the Troodos Village Venture Tour in a nutshell…
- Available from Larnaca, Limassol, Paphos, Nicosia, Ayia Napa & Protaras
- Pick-up and drop-off from a location of your choice
- Full day of touring through rural villages
- 5 stops showing you traditional Cypriot products and how they’re made with tastings at each place
- 1 of your 5 stops will be a winery (with foodie tastings for non-wine drinkers also on offer)
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide
- Fantastic scenery and historical sights along the way
- Opportunity to buy traditional products at great prices
- Stop for lunch and enjoy a full traditional meze with drinks included
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email
- Leave us with extensive lists of further foods and places to try
- Adjustable and suitable for vegetarians & gluten-free participants**
- Small groups of no more than 7 people per tour
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €95.00pp
- Children under 13yrs old join with 50% discount
- Support a local small business and help keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
** If you have special dietary restrictions then you must contact us before booking so we can confirm your requirements can be met on the day you’d like to book.
This small group tour runs every Wednesday from Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia, Paphos, Ayia Napa & Protaras. You can also book it privately on any day of the week subject to our availability. Depending on the number in your group – a private tour surcharge may apply.
EVERY WEDNESDAY €95PP
DATE OF YOUR CHOICE – PRIVATE BOOKINGS
(SURCHARGE MAY APPLY)