What the Halloumi Heaven Workshop & Tour involves…
Your guide will pick you up from a location of your choice and you’ll be driven into the Troodos mountain countryside to the house of a local village lady to learn the traditional technique of halloumi and anari cheese making. The activity will start at the farm of our host where participants can learn how to milk the sheep & goats (optional) to collect their very own fresh milk. A tour of the cheese-making premises will follow where you’ll be put to work to make your fresh halloumi! This hands-on workshop ends with a traditional sit-down experience where you’ll enjoy a delicious brunch which will include the cheeses made plus lots more.
We’ll then continue our journey into the scenic mountain villages to visit a honey producer and a local man making products with donkey milk. Part of our touring will be a visit to Lefkara village where you’ll see the local ladies making the famous Cyprus lace plus time to shop & explore.
Any applicable entrance fees, tasting fees, door-to-door transport, traditional brunch, coffee & drinks are all included in the tour price.
Here’s the Halloumi Heaven Workshop & Tour in a nutshell…
- Pick-up available from Ayia Napa, Larnaca, Limassol & Nicosia (click here for Paphos)
- Learn how to make traditional Cypriot cheeses – Halloumi & Anari
- 3 fantastic bonus stops with tastings after your cheese-making workshop
- Explore traditional Cypriot villages, meet real locals and tour Cyprus with a bilingual guide
- Learn about Cypriot food along with it’s history
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email
- Leave us with extensive lists of further foods and places to try
- Suitable for vegetarians and gluten-free participants
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €90.00pp
- Children under 13yrs old join with 50% discount
- Support a local small business and help keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
This small group tour runs every Friday from Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol, Ayia Napa & Protaras. You can also book it privately on any day of the week subject to our availability. Depending on the number in your group – a private tour surcharge may apply.
EVERY FRIDAY €90PP
DATE OF YOUR CHOICE – FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS €68PP
(MUST BE A GROUP OF 6)
DATE OF YOUR CHOICE – PRIVATE BOOKINGS
(SURCHARGE MAY APPLY)