What the Sweets & Treats Tour involves…
This day tour is all about satisfying your sweet tooth with a lavish brunch along the way. Your guide will pick you up from a Paphos or Limassol location of your choice and we’ll start with a visit to a local family making honey and other bee products. Here we’ll learn about the life of bees, see the workshop and taste the products. We’ll continue our journey into the Troodos mountain villages to visit to explore the islands history of making the famous sweet wine, Commandaria, which holds 2 Guinness World Records. We’ll check out the old wine press located within a historical monastery and try the sweet wine on the scenic grounds. We’ll continue to the home of a local where you’ll enjoy a luxurious homemade brunch. This will involve an array of jams and marmalades made by the hosting family with fresh local produce. You’ll also be spoiled for choice with a selection of breads, cakes and other bites to eat. The brunch ends with farm fresh village eggs and delicious bacon cooked to perfection. Tea, coffee and fresh orange juice are also offered throughout the experience. On our way back into Paphos we’ll stop in the village of Geroskipou to discover the local traditional sweets with a tour and tasting at a small workshop making Cyprus delights!
Here’s the Sweets & Treats Tour in a nutshell…
- Available from Paphos & Limassol with door-to-door transport
- Full day of touring through the Troodos mountain villages
- A delicious brunch you won’t forget
- 3-4 further stops to meet local families making traditional products
- Learn about Cypriot foods with tastings at each stop
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email
- Leave us with extensive lists of further foods and places to try
- Adjustable and suitable for vegetarians
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €90.00pp*
- Children under 13yrs old join with 50% discount
- Support a local small business and help keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
* This tour is currently only available by request for groups of 2+. Depending on the number in your group – a private tour surcharge may apply.