What the Village Tour involves…
The village tour starts at 09:00* where a chauffeur and tour guide will pick you up from a location of your choice. You’ll then be driven around carefully selected villages to taste traditional Cypriot products. You will also learn about the sourcing of ingredients, the making process and the traditions linked to the products. Your tour will end at a village restaurant to feast on a selection of Cypriot dishes with a full meze lunch.
We recommend participants have breakfast before the pick-up time and be prepared to finish the tour comfortably full. Here’s the Village Tour in a nutshell…
- Choose from Larnaca, Limassol or Famagusta villages!
- Pick up from your chosen location and a welcome snack!
- 7hrs of touring through the rural villages!
- 4 stops showing you traditional Cypriot products and how they’re made!
- Tastings at each stop!
- Includes wine tasting and winery tour**!
- Enjoy a walk-about in a traditional Cypriot village with the chance to visit shops!
- A gift bag for your group – collect delicious things along the way!
- A 5th stop which will include a full traditional meze lunch with lots of Cypriot dishes!
- Learn about Cypriot food and wine along with it’s history!
- Explore scenic locations including the Limassol Troodos Mountains!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email!
- Leave us with an extensive recommendation list of further foods and places to try!
- Transfer back to a location of your choice!
- Adjustable and suitable for vegetarians, vegans and most dietary restrictions!
- Available for groups of 2 – 50 people!
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €150.00pp!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 4 or more!
Exploring the Cypriot countryside may seem like a daunting task with so many hidden gourmet gems scattered around the island. But with our pick-up service and tour by car, you are escorted to some of the best villages for discovering traditional food and drink. Enjoy a day out taking in the village scenery, meet real locals who take pride in creating and producing traditional Cypriot foods and even take some treats home with you!
So book a tour today to discover what Cypriot food is all about!
* We can also offer this option as an afternoon activity ending with dinner instead of lunch. Pick-up for the evening option is at 15:00 however both the morning and evening pick-up times can be adjusted to suit your schedule if need be. If this is something you’re interested in – just contact us with a request!
**Our Famagusta tour does not feature a winery. However, if you’re staying in the Famagusta region and are interested in the Village Venture Day Tour with a winery visit, then the Larnaca Villages tour is also available and includes pick-up and drop-off from most Famagusta locations.