What the Nicosia Day Tour involves…
This day tour* starts in the heart of old town Nicosia where you’ll explore the green line – seeing the deserted houses and old streets of the last divided capital in the world. You’ll have the option to cross the border to the Turkish occupied North to explore and see some historic sites. You’ll then indulge in a mini taste tour of Cypriot delicacies followed by a Segway experience** to investigate the old town further and enjoy the thrill of Segway. Your tour will end at a traditional tavern to feast on a selection of delicious Cypriot dishes included in the full meze lunch.
We recommend participants have breakfast before the tour and be prepared to finish the tour comfortably full. Participants must also bring their passports if they would like to visit the occupied part of Nicosia. Here’s the Nicosia Day Tour in a nutshell…
- Visit the last divided capital in the world!
- 5-6hrs of exploring the old town and green line!
- 4 stops where you’ll taste various Cypriot delicacies and snacks!
- 1hr Segway experience (+30min practice session) to see the sights of old town Nicosia!
- Opportunity to walk around the city and gain your bearings!
- A 5th stop which will include a full traditional meze lunch with lots of Cypriot dishes!
- Learn about Cypriot food and it’s history!
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide!
- Small groups of no more than 10 participants on your tour!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email!
- Leave us with an extensive recommendation list of further foods and places to try!
- A thank you gift for your group to enjoy!
- Adjustable and suitable for vegetarians, vegans and most dietary restrictions!
- Available for private groups of 2 – 30 people!
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €90.00pp!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 4 or more!
- Transport available to and from a location of your choice! (€140.00pp)
A fantastic opportunity to discover the unique history of Cyprus through the capital’s landmarks, with fantastic eateries in between to add to tradition. Cyprus Taste Tours has put together an excellent itinerary which allows you to see and taste the best of old town Nicosia in a short time.
So book a tour today to discover what Cypriot food is all about!
* Normally a morning activity, this option is also available in the afternoon with dinner provided instead of lunch. Afternoon pick-ups for the afternoon tour are at 15:00 however both the morning and evening pick-up times can be adjusted to suit your schedule if need be. If this is something you’re interested in – just contact us with a request!
** If you do not want to take part in a Segway experience then just let us know and we can adjust the schedule accordingly.