What the Olive Odyssey Day Tour involves…
This one day excursion includes pick-up and drop-off from most locations within the Republic of Cyprus and is available by request Monday to Friday subject to our availability.
Upon arriving at the olive-oil factory, you’ll meet Petros, a horticulturalist graduate who is specialized in the olive tree and its products. Offering a detailed and comprehensive presentation on olive oil, you’ll acquire a rich knowledge of the categories of olive oil, the relevant descriptions and what they mean and how to detect the best olive oil. . Following the presentation, you will then get an insider look at the whole production process by touring the premises. You’ll see how Petros creates the very best brands, starting with the arrival of the oil to acidity testing to bottling. Then a tasting session will follow with a wide selection of olives, olive oils including infused oils for you to enjoy! A unique opportunity to meet an award-winning artisan producer of olive oil and observe the mastery of his craft.
Our Cyprus Taste Tours driver will continue your day with a visit to a picturesque village to enjoy a delicious traditional meze lunch. To finish the day you’ll be taken to two amazing must-see sights before drop-off at your chosen location.
Here’s the Olive Odyssey in a nutshell…
- Arrival at site of award-winning olive oil producer
- 90 minute presentation all about Cypriot olive
- 45 minute tour of olive oil production process
- 45 minute tasting experience of Cypriot olives and types of olive oil
- Opportunity to purchase high quality olive oil at discounted prices!
- Leave with a certificate of your participation and a thank you gift for your group!
- Visit to the unique cultural sight of Panagia Chrysospiliotissa – a church carved into the hills
- Visit to the amazing Red Lake of Cyprus – enjoy fantastic photo opportunities!
- Full day excursion of 7hrs! (not including traveling time from pick-up and drop-off location)
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide!
- Learn about Cypriot cuisine, culture and history!
- Small groups of no more than 10 participants on your tour!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and sent to you by email along with info from the day!
- No hidden costs – All inclusive price of €135.00 per person!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 4 or more!
- Pick-up and drop-off available from most island locations
This is the first experience of its kind on the island and you’ll be sure to embark on a fast-track course in the world of olives, whilst having a pleasurable day out. So why not check it out and contact us today!
So book a tour today to discover what Cypriot food is all about!