What The Kitchen Insider involves…
This one day excursion includes pick-up and drop-off from most locations within the Republic of Cyprus and is available by request Monday to Saturday subject to our availability.
You will be collected from your chosen location and then driven to the cooking destination (choice of Larnaca or Paphos). Before visiting the kitchen where your cooking demonstration will take place, you’ll be greeted with a welcome coffee and you’ll get to know the trainer and the other participants of the experience. You’ll then be escorted to the kitchen where the presentation will commence. An experienced chef will guide you through the steps of beloved Cypriot dishes, providing information about all stages, beginning from the sourcing of ingredients to the level of heat to presentation tips. With the demonstration over, you’ll then enjoy tastings overlooking magnificent balcony views (Paphos) or the ambience and comfort of a Cypriot home (Larnaca) whilst tucking into the dishes freshly prepared. It’s a wonderful sit-down experience where you get to taste the results and develop your palate in the field of Cypriot food! To finish the day you’ll be taken to two great scenic destinations before drop-off at your chosen location.
Here’s the full day cooking class & demo in a nutshell…
- Pick-up and drop-off available from most island locations!
- Explore a charming restaurant (Paphos) and Cypriot home (Larnaca) and meet the locals!
- Cooking demonstration by an experienced chef!
- Choose from main dishes such as mousaka, tava, stuffed vegetables and more!
- Also includes at least one side dish and Cypriot dessert!
- Discover traditional herbs, spices, ingredients & cooking techniques!
- Full day excursion of 6hrs! (not including traveling time from pick-up and drop-off location)
- Take home a certificate of your participation and info from the day!
- Leave us with recipes and an extensive recommendation list of further foods and places to try!
- Enjoy a delicious lunch with your host and savour the dishes made!
- Visit two unique scenic locations!
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide!
- Learn about Cypriot cuisine, culture and history!
- Small groups of no more than 8 participants!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and sent to you by email!
- No hidden costs – All inclusive price of €110.00pp (Larnaca) / €155.00pp (Paphos)!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 4 or more!
Although this activity is described as a cooking demonstration, participants are welcomed to join in with preparation, chopping, cooking and trying out techniques, however, they will not have their own cooking stations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to witness the cultural heritage and culinary excellence happening on the island. In the hands of trusted chefs, you’ll get to the heart of Cypriot cooking and discover recipes that will become your new favourites!
So book with Cyprus Taste Tours today to discover what Cypriot food is all about!