What The Honey Hunt involves…
This one day excursion includes pick-up and drop-off from most locations within the Republic of Cyprus and is available by request Tuesday to Sunday subject to our availability.
Your tour guide will collect you from your chosen meeting point and we’ll head into the Larnaca villages where we’ll start the day by visiting a donkey park. Here we’ll find out all about the indigenous Cypriot donkey species and try delicious products made from donkey milk – such as chocolate and liquor! This will be followed with a trip to Lefkara village which is famous for it’s picturesque atmosphere and traditional lace. Here we’ll enjoy a walk around the village and visit a small family-owned sweets factory making Cyprus delights.
After our scenic village food tour you’ll be taken to a rustic retreat specialising in bee-keeping where we’ll enjoy a lavish picnic lunch surrounded by flowers and nature. After this we’ll be given an introduction to the activities and a tasting where you’ll sample many different types of honey and other forms of hive produce such as bee pollen. Wearing a special protective suit, you’ll then visit the apiaries and inspect the bee hives where all the sweet magic happens! This will be followed by an informative lecture filled with useful insight into bees and their products plus a tour at the site’s high-tech laboratory. Finally, you’ll be able to man the cooking station and learn how to make a traditional pastry enhanced with honey and end the day with something extra sweet!
Here’s the Honey Hunt in a nutshell…
- Pick-up and drop-off available from most island locations!
- Visit to a rustic retreat dedicated to beekeeping and honey production!
- Learn about bees, honey, hives and their tasty produce!
- Sample a variety of honey and bee products!
- Wear professional beekeeper gear and meet the bees up close!
- Take part in a cooking session and learn to make a traditional Cypriot dessert!
- Opportunity to purchase high quality honey and bee products at discounted prices!
- Leave with a certificate of your participation and a thank you gift for your group!
- Enjoy a lavish picnic lunch in a scenic location!
- Visit two further traditional product spots!
- Full day excursion of 7hrs! (not including traveling time from pick-up and drop-off location)
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide!
- Learn about Cypriot cuisine, culture and history!
- Small groups of no more than 8 participants on your tour!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and sent to you by email along with info from the day!
- No hidden costs – All inclusive price of €125.00 per person!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 3 or more!
- Pick-up and drop-off available from most island locations
This is an alternative way of enjoying the Cypriot countryside away from commercial tourist spots. You’ll be in the company of locals who are passionate about traditional produce, the true ambassadors of our island’s culture!
So book a tour today to discover what Cypriot food is all about!