What The Herbal Hunt involves…
This one day excursion includes pick-up and drop-off from most locations within the Republic of Cyprus and is available by request Monday to Sunday subject to our availability.
Consider this experience as an alternative trip to the Cypriot countryside, packed with unusual sights and unique activities. The first destination is CyHerbia, a fantastic collection of beautifully landscaped gardens packed with organic herbs. Through a tasting session of tea and snacks, you will discover the distinct qualities of different herbs and pinpoint which flavours are your personal favourites. Then a presentation on culinary herbs by a qualified herbalist will give you a detailed insight into their qualities and benefits. This is followed by a visit to the gardens where you can collect and create your very own tea blend and culinary blend. A tea-making session will then take place with your selected ingredients which can be enjoyed by homemade cake prepared by the CyHerbia team.
Our Cyprus Taste Tours driver and guide will continue your day with a visit to a picturesque village to enjoy a delicious traditional meze lunch. To finish the day you’ll be taken to two amazing must-see sights before drop-off at your chosen location.
Here’s the Herbal Hunt in a nutshell…
- Pick-up and drop-off available from most island locations!
- Activities at botanical garden centre specializing in Cyprus herbs & essential oils
- Detailed presentation on culinary herbs, essential oil distillation & production!
- Pick your own blend in the beautiful gardens!
- Tea-making activity with your chosen bundle of herbs!
- Tasting experience of various herbs!
- Opportunity to purchase high quality herbs, teas and spices!
- Leave with a certificate of your participation and a thank you gift for your group!
- Enjoy a traditional meze lunch in a local village!
- Visit two unique scenic locations!
- Full day excursion of 7hrs! (not including traveling time from pick-up and drop-off location)
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide!
- Learn about Cypriot cuisine, culture and history!
- Small groups of no more than 8 participants on your tour!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and sent to you by email along with info from the day!
- No hidden costs – All inclusive price of €120.00 per person!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 3 or more!
This is a sensory window into the physical beauty of Cyprus and the rich cultural footprint created by important centres in its villages.