What the Garden To Kitchen Cooking Class & Tour involves…
This one day excursion includes pick-up and drop-off from most locations within the Republic of Cyprus and is available by request Wednesday to Saturday subject to our availability.
You’ll be collected from your chosen location and then driven to the cooking destination within the beautiful Troodos mountains. Before visiting the kitchen where your cooking class will take place, you’ll have the chance to explore the nearby village and visit its main cultural sights. You’ll then be escorted to the kitchen of a local tavern which is set inside a quaint village house. Here you’ll meet the celebrity chef behind the experience and greeted with a welcome snack and drink. With the break over, you’ll be taken to the neighbouring fields of the chef for foraging and collecting ingredients for the day’s meal. Now you’re ready to begin the culinary process, carrying out the various steps of the recipe under the guidance of the chef and using the freshest local ingredients. Once the dish is complete and cooking away, you’ll have the chance to prepare a salad or other accompanying dish to compliment your meal. The experience ends with a traditional sit-down experience where you can enjoy the dishes you prepared together with your group. Participants will definitely leave this tour with a full tummy and useful knowledge on Cypriot cooking and culture.
Here’s the full day cooking class in a nutshell…
- Explore a charming traditional village and meet the locals!
- Welcome snacks and coffee!
- Cooking class with a TV chef in the picturesque Troodos Mountains!
- Collect fresh vegetables from the chefs garden to include within your meal!
- Discover traditional herbs, spices, ingredients & cooking techniques!
- Full day excursion – 6 hours of culinary fun!
- Take home a certificate of your participation and info from the day!
- Leave us with an extensive recommendation list of further foods and places to try
- Enjoy a delicious lunch with local wine and savour the dishes you made!
- Includes a main dish, seasonal side dish, village salad and traditional dessert!
- Choose from Keftiko (lamb/beef), Moussaka or Stuffed Vegetables for your main dish!
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide!
- Learn about Cypriot cuisine, culture and history!
- Small groups of no more than 10 participants!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and sent to you by email!
- No hidden costs – All inclusive price of €125.00 per person!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 3 or more!
- Pick-up and drop-off included from most island locations
This is a fantastic experience not otherwise available on the island. A celebrity chef will leave the TV studios to welcome you to his village and show you the very best in Cypriot cooking whilst exploring its methods and flavours too!
So book with Cyprus Taste Tours today to discover what Cypriot food is all about!