What this day tour involves…
The day will start with two informational spots where we’ll meet locals who will give us interesting accounts of the troubles that sparked the Cyprus divide. You’ll then cross the border into the Turkish-occupied North where we’ll drive alongside the fenced-off ghost town stopping on the way for a closer look into the lost city. We’ll continue to the sandy shores of the Famagusta beach where the closed-off area ends to peek at the derelict hotels and empty buildings. After sitting down for a traditional coffee we’ll head back across the border to enjoy an authentic meze lunch – a spread of delicious Cypriot dishes. We’ll end the day with a wine tasting that will include the famous Cyprus Commandaria before returning to your accommodation.
We recommend participants have breakfast before the pick-up time and be prepared to finish the tour comfortably full. Participants must bring their passports.
Here’s the Finding Famagusta Tour in a nutshell…
- Available from Larnaca, Ayia Napa & Protara
- Pick-up and drop-off from a location of your choice
- 8.5hrs* of touring through the Famagusta region
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide
- Cross over to the occupied North for a unique experience
- Includes a full traditional meze lunch & drinks
- Visit a specialty wine shop for a tasting of Cypriot wines
- Includes the world-famous wine Commanadaria
- Opportunity to buy wine at great prices
- Learn about the wine-making process and Cypriot indigenous grape varieties
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email
- Leave us with an extensive recommendation list of further foods and places to try
- Adjustable and suitable for vegetarians, vegans & gluten-free participants
- Small groups of no more than 12 people per tour
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €95.00pp
- Children under 13yrs old join with 50% discount
- Available for private groups on any date** of 2+ people
*This tour is approx. 8.5hrs when leaving from and returning to Limassol or Larnaca. From Ayia Napa & Protara this tour is approx. 7.5hrs.
**This small group tour runs every Thursday from Larnaca, Ayia Napa & Protara. It is also available to book privately on any day and from other towns subject to our availability and a surcharge of €100.00 per group.