What this activity involves…
On this tour you’ll learn all about the Cypurs Commandaria wine which was made famous by Richard the Lionheart and his fellow crusaders. This wine is in the Guinness World Book Of Records for having the oldest ‘Appelation d’origine’ and for being the oldest manufactured wine in the world. Learn all about the 5500 year old wine history of the island with a winery tour and tasting at an award-winning, family-owned Paphos winery. After sampling and purchasing our Commandaria we’ll visit a boutique chocolatier where we’ll take part in a chocolate making workshop to create delicious Commandaria truffles and experience the fantastic combination of this sweet wine with cocoa.
We recommend participants have breakfast before the pick-up time and should expect to return to their accommodation by lunch time.
Here’s the Commandaria Crusade in a nutshell…
- Pick-up and drop-off from a Paphos location of your choice
- 5hrs of wine & chocolate fun
- Learn all about the Cypriot indigenous grape varieties and the history of Commandaria
- Includes tour and wine tasting at an award-winning family winery
- Chocolate-making workshop – learn to make delicious truffles
- Take home the chocolates you make
- Explore with a true local and benefit from a bilingual guide
- Opportunity to buy wine & chocolates at great prices
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email
- Leave us with an extensive recommendation list of further foods and places to try
- Adjustable and suitable for vegetarians & gluten-free participants
- Available for private groups of 2+ participants
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive price of €85.00pp*
- Children join with a 50% discount
* This tour is currently only available for private groups of 2+ and involves a €100.00 group surcharge. This means that whether you are just 2 people or 10 – this fee stays the same and can be divided by the number of people.